Rust proofing BRISBANE
CAR RUST PROTECTION
THE ULTIMATE IN CHEMICAL AND ELECTRONIC RUST PROTECTION
At Timeless Car Cleaning we offer the best in rust proofing and rust protection Brisbane has to offer. Our range of services includes both chemical and electronic rustproofing. By permanently protecting against corrosion, rust proofing can extend the life of your vehicle, encourage a higher resale value and reduce repair costs.
WHAT IS RUST?
Iron Oxide, or more commonly known as rust, is formed when a material incorporated with iron is exposed to moisture for a long period of time. Rust, aside from its unattractive look, is generally known to weaken metal. Luckily, a process to protect your vehicle that will save you a ton of cash in maintenance and add years to your vehicle’s life span is now available. It is called Rust Proofing.
THE BENEFITS OF RUSTPROOFING
Our harsh Queensland conditions and our love of the sand, sea, dirt and mud can cause surface rust to build up on the best quality vehicles. As one of Brisbane’s leading rust-proofing experts, you can rest assured that your car is in the right hands and each step is carefully carried out for the best result possible.
Our Brisbane rust proofing services follow the process of delaying or preventing the formation of rust by applying treatment or surface finishing to your vehicle’s paint. Here are some benefits of having your vehicle rust proofed:
- Durability – There is no doubt that rust proofing your vehicle can dramatically increase your vehicle’s life span.
- Higher Resale Value – A vehicle that is rust proofed has a higher reselling value than vehicles that are not.
- Great Investment – Rust proofing your vehicle is undeniably cheaper than maintaining and repairing damages that are dealt by rust.
- Appeal – Rust Proofing gives a vehicle a certain shine that adds to the class of your vehicle.
WHAT IS CHEMICAL RUST PROOFING?
Chemical rust proofing is carried out by spraying a waxy material inside a vehicle’s panels and cavities. This provides a barrier-like seal and helps prevent air, moisture, and other irritants from oxidising and starting a rust reaction.
We begin by completely cleaning your vehicle using high-pressure steam to get rid of all sand, salt, and road debris so they do not become trapped under the rust-proofing sealant.
Base Coat And Rust Removal
Most cars have some minor rust already present, so after the underbody is dry and clean, we can then apply an oil-based spray which is treated and stopped with an oil-based spray. This eats away at any existing rust and preps the vehicle for the protective layer.
Application Of The Rust Protection Layer
Lastly, we use a heavy-duty bitumen-based sealant spray coating, formulated to comply with the Australian Standard AS2662. This is applied to seal inside doors, body panels, underbody, chassis, brake, and fuel lines. Preventing the delay of rusting of all the iron and steel objects that it covers.
The process takes up to two days and it is advised that you wait up to three weeks before exposing your car to the beach or other 4×4 tracks to allow the chemicals to properly cure.
If maintained, our high-quality and heavy-duty rust-proofing sprays can protect against structural and surface rust. We recommend rust proofing checkups every year to ensure that your vehicle is consistently protected, no matter the conditions and various terrains it undertakes.
ELECTRONIC RUST PROTECTION BRISBANE: 10 YEAR CORROSION WARRANTY
If your vehicle is constantly exposed to humidity, salt, and moisture from the air then it might be a good idea to look into getting both chemical and electronic rust protection.
HOW DOES ELECTRONIC RUST PROTECTION WORK?
Our Electronic Rust Protection Systems work by sending a negative charge through the vehicle neutralising the chemical reaction of the oxidisation that occurs when your car is exposed to air, water and salt. We connect your car battery to either a generator-type machine and use either a 4 pad or 6 pad system which are attached to other areas of your vehicle. This distributes the charge around your car and polarises your vehicle.
Heavy Duty 4 Pad System for $895
- Designed to protect the Four Wheel Drive or SUV vehicle from rust.
- This system may also benefit older 4WD vehicles that are suffering from minor existing rust problems.
Extreme Duty 6 Pad System for $995
- This system offers the ultimate in rust protection.
- Specifically designed to protect Four Wheel Drive vehicles used by Surf Life Saving Clubs and Professional Fisherman, it will dramatically reduce corrosion on Four Wheel Drive vehicles which are exposed to *CONSTANT use within highly corrosive environments such as; driving on salted roads or beaches.
- May also benefit older 4WD vehicles that are suffering from minor existing rust problems.
Also for better results, we recommend combining the chemical rustproofing with one of the electronic rust protection Brisbane systems from $1595!
*Corrosion Warranties are only available for the following classes of vehicles; Cars (Hatchbacks, Sedans, Wagons), Vans, 4WDs, SUVs, and Trucks.
*To maintain the 10-year corrosion warranty on the electronic rust proofing, the vehicle must come in for an annual inspection.
*Annual inspection and underbody wash for $85